Built by Two Oceans Marine Manufacturing in Cape Town, South Africa (The largest custom-made catamaran manufacturer and builders of the Balance 442 and 482) Pivot Point is no ordinary blue water cruiser. She was designed by world renowned Naval Architect Alexander Simonis and built for the owners of Two Oceans Marine. With sleek lines, a stiff structure and an interior that offers tremendous space for a cruising family or a couple wanting to sail in comfort without compromising on performance at a realistic price point.
Pivot Point possesses some unique design features:
The helmsman is completely protected inside the cockpit with easy access to the salon and navigation Centre. The cockpit is protected and spacious with a large table with wrap around seating for dinning or a remote workstation. The aft deck holds a breakfast bar area with two seats for those mornings you want to have Coffee with a view or fillet a freshly caught Pelagic whilst sitting underway. The bar also provides protection when walking along the aft transom and offers additional reenforced storage for the tender outboard.
Above the aft breakfast bar is a large custom made stainless solar arch that doubles up as a secure Davit for tender storage underway as well as sunshade on the tender and breakfast bar.
The Interior is uncluttered, roomy and well laid out. Without unnecessary ceiling panels and upholstery that allows her to age with grace and provides minimalistic simplicity. The salon table adjusts into a Coffee table or a full bed for movie nights. A large navigation station with multiple draws and a large chart table is conveniently located in the salon. Two daybeds are centrally located midships on the outboard side of each hull providing comfort in rough conditions. Under the daybeds there are large storage areas for access to the air-conditioning, top loading washing machine and other equipment.
4 cabins with on-suite heads and showers have raised queen bunks with decent overhead ventilation. Storage space on both the outboard and inboard side of the hull are plentiful. All heads have been converted to electric with the most recent upgrade in both forward cabins including new modern large toilets, basins and mixers.
- Lithium battery bank (April 2022)
- Self-Tacking Jib
- Custom made Hardtop Bimini with rain water catchment
- Protected helm station with updated electronics
- Upgraded Solar arch.
- Breakfast bench on the aft transom
- Full Air Conditioned (Installation Nov 2022)
Pivot Point has had a lot of critical work done in recent years. Let's break it down
- New Bottom Job April (2022)
- All new Through Hulls replaced with new valves (2022)
- Rudders removed and rudder bolts replaced (2022)
- Saildrives serviced (2022)
- All anodes replaced (2022)
- 2x Yanmar 39 HP Diesel Engines 3k+ Hours
Sails and Rigging
- New Forestay (2019)
- Updated stainless standing rigging with new cap shrouds (2019)
- Self Tacking jib (Original Sail 2008)
- Mainsail (Original Sail 2008)
- New Shore power upgraded in July 2023.
- New 3000KVA Victron Inverter (April 2022)
- Victron Color control battery monitor
- Lithium Battery bank (2022)
- Newly added USB charging ports in each cabin
- 9KW Cummins Onan Marine Generator (400 hours)
- Total of 1450 Watt Solar with 3 solar controllers
- Shore power with cable and spare socket
- All new LED lighting 2020
- Furano Radar ( 2019)
- Auto Pilot
- Furano Charter plotter (2019) with backup Samsung tablet
- Furano GPS
- Fish and Depth finder Furano
- Boss marine speakers
- 4 cabins
- 4 heads with refurbished basins and mixers (2020)
- Floor is teak and holly vacuum laminiated
- Interior largely white with Cherry Wood trim. Maple doors all in high quality lacquer finish
Galley and Amenities
- 3 Burner stove top with propane oven
- Rossel hobs Microwave (2021)
- 1 Fridge
- 1 Freezer
- Ice Maker
- 3 Propane Bottles
- Twin Sink with separate drying bin
- Multiple storage areas
- Washing Machine Top loader
- High Output water maker (new High pressure pump 2022)
- 2x Built in fiberglass water tank total 800L with interconnected valves
- 2 claroifiers
- 4 electric Bilge pumps
- 3 manual bilge pumps
- Built in black water tanks
- 25 Kg Rocna Anchor
- Chain 10mm x 60M and 10mm x 40M spare
- Warp 40M
- Lewmar Windlass 1000
- 10 Man life raft
- Stern shower hot and cold
- Emergency tiller (2020)
A large selection of spares and tools accompany this vessel
This vessel has been rewired with tinned copper. Almost Every wire and fixture has been replaced including a full rewiring of the mast that was taken down serviced and inspected.
This boat does need cosmetic work ie Painting the deck and other items.
Not for Sale to US Citizens in US Waters.